About the Community of Readers

My photo
Established in 2007 by the Leatherby Libraries, the Community of Readers is the summer reading program for Chapman University. This program is open to everyone who has borrowing privileges at the Leatherby Libraries and a current library account, including students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Members select books from the Leatherby Libraries and receive prizes upon submission of their first review. The only requirement is that books must be obtained through the Leatherby Libraries.

Search the Library Catalog

Search the Library Catalog
Click to Navigate to the Leatherby Libraries homepage

Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Wrinkle in Time



Title
A Wrinkle in Time
Author
Madeleine L’Engle
Call Number
PS3523.E55 W756 1997
Location
3rd Floor Muth
Rating
Highly Recommended
Book Review
When I saw this on the banned books list I knew I had to chime in.  As a young person who devoured every book I could find and was always looking for something new, this was one book I went back to again and again.   When I was growing up, this was one of the few fantasy novels written for kids.   Now, it seems like you can't find a kids/teen book that's not fantasy in some way (and I try to read all of them!).  
To make a long story short, this book stands the test of time and would be a wonderful gift for a "young" person who loved Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc.
Submitted By
Robin Pendergraft
Department or Major
Schmid
Status
Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment